måndag 22 november 2010

Sulayman Serrekunda The Gambia


My name Sulayman known by many as Sol, I live in the Gambia with my family, am one from an extend family system here which is a normal family system in Africa especially The Gambia, presently am the eldest son living together with whole family.
Me and Teresia have been good friends for a longtime now, there was a day we was in a conversation and she told that she  have come up with an idea, that she have been discussing with her two daughters  about a project, this idea was that, the kids of Sweden and the kids of Gambia, helping each other through corresponding and learning from one another, I told her yes that is a great idea and that I have always dream of someday I have the capabilities of  helping the younger generation to get the thing my generation and the generation before was not able to have. I agree working on with her on this idea for the very first time she told me about and I told her I will be willing to do the best I can to make this project progressive and I know this can also be a way for me to fulfill that dream of mine to help the younger generation.
I think there can be a lot of things these kids can learn from each another, in terms of cultural differences, day to day living, family life, which all be education for them. I also realize this is not going to be a simple task as I have never been involved such activities like this one, but so far so good I think I am coming up. Was able to explain to few kids in my neighborhood and they were ready to a friend from Sweden, but now me and my partner in this have discussed and we came to agree that we are going to make it a school to school corresponding, I will be meeting a principal of one of the school as I already make this appointment, to explain to him about the project and the goals of the project.
The start is the hard times of it I know with time if everything worked as planned we will finally get fulfilled the dream and the good intentions for this young kids. I am the giving and will be giving all my support to make this possible and a successful one. My partner Teresia has been doing well so far with her two daughters since from scratch.
I will be responsible on updating the day to day activities of the project taking place in The Gambia on this blog. Thanks
Sulayman.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar